Enrolment to the first class
- Next enrolment
- Enrolment for the 2023/2024 school year will take place in April 2023. Please keep an eye on our website for further information.
Information on enrollment
How enrollment works
Enrollment in the first class, which has a capacity of 18 children, is done individually with each child and his/her parent(s). The aim is to make the children look forward to the school after the enrollment. It is a nice and friendly meeting where we get to know the children and they and their parents get to know our school and the people who work there. The meeting will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Formal part of the process
It involves completing an online application form and then delivering it to the school along with a copy of child's birth certificate. The signed application can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- send to mailbox - our mailbox ID: mvwrmbr
- send the application form with a qualified electronic signature as an attachment by e-mail
- by post to ZŠ Poznávání, Perunova 975/6, Praha 3, 130 00
- bring personally to the school office
Motivational part of the process
The motivational part of the enrollment, i.e. the interview with the child, is organized in the following way:
- getting to know the child and his/her parents
- motivating the child to start school
- screening assessment of the child's school maturity - using pictures, toys and other materials and talking about them (verbal abilities, skills and knowledge, perceptual accuracy)
- a sibling who is registered for education at our school
- an expression of interest in studying
- Tuition fees for 2022/2023
The annual tuition fee is 90 000 CZK. For siblings we have a 25% discount on tuition fees, which applies to each additional sibling of a pupil. The school fee covers:
- Tandem teaching (presence of two teachers in each class)
- All-day programme (morning and afternoon school clubs)
- Learning support through a teaching assistant
- Activities of the Support and Guidance Centre
- Textbooks and other learning aids
- School information system Edookit
- Costs of running the school premises
- Teacher training and development
FAQs for enrollment
How is the enrollment process?
The enrollment takes place each year in spring and it is always organized individually for each applicant and his/her family. The exact time of the enrollment is arranged with each individual on the basis of the so-called pre-enrollment form (a simple form which parents fill in to indicate their interest in the enrollment). Our enrollments are playful, non-violent and enjoyable for children and parents. The goal is to get to know each other and raise children's motivation to learn.
How do I find out the results of the admissions process?
We inform parents about the results of the admission procedure in writing and on the school's website.
How many pupils are in the class?
We always have a maximum of 18 children in a class.
Is there an adaptation programme for the first graders at ZŠ Poznávání?
We invite all future first graders to meet their teachers in June. Furthermore, the whole September is an adaptation month. We start slowly, the children learn about the school, get acquainted with their teachers and classmates, adapt to school routine. If necessary, the parents of the children can also be involved in the adaptation and can be temporarily present in the classroom.